Whether you need to mark an important appointment or jot down a quick reminder to wish your friend a happy birthday, most people use scheduling tools like calendars to help simplify their lives, get organized, and reach their goals.
When considering a calendar, a lot of people still have an image of those old flipbook paper planners. Though these are cheap and easy to find, they’re very outdated and not very practical.
These types of calendars really only serve as a way to keep track of very light scheduling, quick notes, and holidays. Over time, these types of calendars have become almost entirely replaced by more functional agenda planners, whiteboard wall calendars, and digital calendar options.
Deciding which calendar option or software is right for you largely depends on your lifestyle and planning needs. As long as you have a screen available—fully customizable desktop, TV, phone, and digital calendars are just a few clicks away.
Paper Wall Calendars
A paper wall calendar is pretty limited. These types of planners function mostly as a way to track the date, month, and year. Wall calendars are usually used in the home for family organization purposes like tracking holidays, doctor’s appointments, or jotting down quick notes.
Calendars like these are frequently found nailed to kitchen walls and often feature pictures of cute animals, meaningful quotes, or in some cases—funny or novelty themes someone might receive as a gag gift!
While these are nostalgic and fun to collect, they’re not really the best tool for organizing the more important things in life. This is especially true if you’re the type of person who has an ever-changing schedule or you need to update your plans often. However, there are a few reasons why some people still prefer to use these basic calendars.
- Nostalgia and Novelty
- Relatively private
- Great for those who prefer handwriting
- Doesn’t need to charge or connect to the internet
- Cheap and easy to find at stores or online
- Limited writing space
- If you use a pen, edits and changing schedules can be difficult.
- It’s not practical to take with you if you need to make changes on the go.
- They can be bulky and take up space in landfills
- Difficult to share with other people
- Needs replacing every year.
Whiteboard Wall Calendars
Whiteboard wall calendars function just like paper wall calendars, but they usually have a larger surface to write on. This scheduling method is more convenient than paper calendars since you can see your schedule from farther away and there’s more room to write.
Whiteboard calendars are easy to erase and edit but these types of calendars can take up more space and require additional effort to maintain. Still, whiteboard wall calendars remain a popular option.
If you need a large display calendar that can be viewed by a team or a large group of students at a glance, a whiteboard wall calendar might be a good option for you.
- Whiteboard wall calendars come in all shapes and sizes.
- Ideal for teams or groups to view together.
- Easy to edit and make revisions
- Colorful dry-erase markers and open space make this option totally customizable.
- Can be a distracting eyesore
- Need to stock up on misplaced or old dry erase markers and erasers
- Not great for left-handed people
- Can take up a lot of space depending on the size.
- Information can’t be recovered once erased.
- Not ideal for record-keeping since you need to erase the schedule every month.
Digital wall calendars
Digital calendar displays are an incredibly powerful organizational tool that could be the answer to the most common scheduling setbacks. This option is the perfect fix for time-keeping and scheduling headaches. Not only is all your calendar information accessible from any screen in any room, but you can manage your electronic calendar display from your phone to make the presentation, size, and display just the way you like it.
With a digital wall calendar, you don’t need to stop what you’re doing and physically go to the calendar to make changes to your schedule. Instead, you can do it all from the convenience of an app on your phone or tablet.
When you use digital calendars, you don’t have to constantly worry about if you’re keeping on schedule– it’s all right there in front of you to view at a glance in any room with a screen. And with services such as Mango Display, your digital calendar display can be up and running in minutes.
Using a multiple screen digital calendar display like Mango Display not only helps to keep you organized and ahead of schedule, but also offers cool widgets like news, social, health, reminders, weather, and more.
- Everything you need to stay organized, all in one place.
- Great for families, businesses, or personal scheduling.
- Edit or view your schedule in seconds.
- Automatic updates from Google, Outlook, and Apple calendars for seamless scheduling.
- Manage and sync multiple calendars
- Beautiful design and layout options to fit your mood or aesthetic
- Calendar, reminders, weather, news, clock, inspirational quotes, and more!
- Move appointments around without smudging ink or reading through eraser marks
- Quick, easy setup from the app.mangodisplay.com site
- Get started for free
- Encrypted data and other privacy options
- Compatible with any web browser.
- Requires a screen (PC, Mac, iPad, Raspberry Pi, Smart TV, Smart mirror, etc.)
- Requires a browser or app installed along with an internet connection
- Some features are only accessible through subscription.
- It can take some time to set up and customize multiple screens to fit your preferences.
Productivity enhancers like digital calendars are the best way to manage your schedule and free up time to better connect with the world around you. With Mango Display, scheduling becomes a fun tool you can use to keep up with your busy work, home, or family schedule. When you use a customizable digital calendar like this, you’ll never miss a beat.